Girl by Moonlight rpg - Engels
Magical Girls grapple with destiny in this multi-genre tabletop RPG. Girl By Moonlight explores the heartbreak of denying who you really are, fighting for what you believe in, and the transcendent power of building relationships while embracing your true self.
As a Magical Girl you will clutch your tragic struggles tight, seeking to score defiant triumphs against the darkness of an oppressive society. The game reinterprets the classic examples of the genre to create an allegory for self-discovery and queer identity. The text uses ‘magical girl’ as a shorthand, but your magical girls need not be girls, necessarily, but people whose identities put them at the margins.
Designer Andrew Gillis takes the rules engine beneath highly-acclaimed Blades In The Dark and tunes it to create a unique play experience representing the breadth of the Magical Girl genre.
Girl By Moonlight draws inspiration from many sources. When you sit down to play, your group will pick a Series Playset and tailor it with special rules, themes, threats, and more to make your game truly your own.
• Fans of Sailor Moon, Steven Universe, Diebuster, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, The Vision of Escaflowne, Paprika, Serial Experiments Lain, and more.
• Gamers who enjoy resisting oppressive regimes, exploring identity, and supporting each other.
• Queer, trans, or otherwise marginalized gamers and their allies.
• Fans of existing Forged in the Dark games like Blades in the Dark or Scum and Villainy.
• Gamers looking to create their own campaigns of Magical Girls,
robot pilots, dream investigators, or corrupted souls.