Our Haunt RPG - Engels
We are ghosts. We are in a house we don't recognize. We have a handful of memories, and these memories are brief moments and flashes of barely something. The Living are nearby, and they encroach on our space, making their demands. Worse, there is a Thing in the Walls. It is ancient, inhuman. Hungry, yearning. Angry.
But this is Our Haunt now. This is our home, and we only have each other as family. If we take care of each other, good things will happen. We just know it.
Our Haunt is a tabletop RPG about a family of ghosts, by critically-acclaimed game designer Rae Nedjadi and built on the Belonging Outside Belonging system, inspired by games like Dream Askew/Dream Apart, Wanderhome, and Balikbayan: Returning Home.
It's a rules-light engine with no dice and no masters, focused around tokens and community play.
In Our Haunt, we will play as one of the following playbooks:
- The Loved, who remains in this world hoping to find their lost love — or at least, honor their memory.
- The Betrayed, murdered by violent means, trapped as a ghost until they get revenge.
- The Faceless, who died so long ago they can barely remember their true form.
- The Returned, who has seen the worlds beyond death and is here to spread the word.
- The Doll, trapped inside the body of a doll and unable to express their true self.
- The Cat, or the ghost of a cat, wandering these halls among these strange humans.
Once we've made our characters, we'll develop the haunted house we live in before exploring the strange and creepy world that exists around us.
Our Haunt is perfect for oneshot or campaign play, with sessions lasting between 2-4 hours. While we play, we'll discover memories of our past, tussle with the living, dodge the ancient monstrosities that lurk beyond the veil, and support each other in a strange and liminal half-world.