Living Well Is the Best Revenge - Engels
Living well is the best revenge, and the best way to live well is by unlocking your inner power! In this dice game of strategy and chance inspired by the art of Steven Rhodes, will you aim to unleash your point-gaining abilities, or plan ahead with powerful dice manipulation? Gain points during an opponent's turn and watch their good fortune become another path to your success. Be the first to reach your full potential and transform from zero to hero.
The game is played over 3 rounds. The player with the most points at the end of the 3rd round wins.
PLAYING A ROUND
Players take turns rolling and resolving their dice individually. This continues until a player has unlocked all 10 of their ability cards, or only one player is left in the round.
ON YOUR TURN
When it is your turn to roll, follows these steps in order:
1. Roll Dice
Begin your turn by rolling your player dice and Power dice together.
Each of your opponents rolls their Power dice only.
2. Opponents Score
Each of your opponents gains 1 point for each of their Power dice that matches BOTH 1 of their unlocked (faceup) ability cards AND at least 1 of your dice (either your player dice or Power dice).
3. Use Unlocked Abilities
Next, you (and only you) may use any number of your unlocked (faceup)ability cards, in any order.
4. Unlock New Abilities
After you use your abilities, add up the numbers on only your player dice to determine your player dice total (and apply any modifiers from unlocked ability cards if desired).
Then choose a combination of your locked (facedown) ability cards that add up exactly to your player dice total, and flip each of them faceup to unlock it.
You must choose a combination of cards that are ALL locked. For example, if your #1 card is already unlocked, you may not choose any combination of cards that include a 1 (regardless of what you rolled).
If you have no combination of locked cards that add up to your player dice total, you may not unlock any new cards and are instead out of the round.
After unlocking cards, your turn is over.
There are 3 types of abilities:
● Power Die Ability (#1-6): In order to use a Power die ability, you must roll the matching number on at least 1 of your Power dice.
● Modify Player Dice Total (#7-9): Once you have unlocked one of these abilities, you may use it once per turn to modify your player dice total for unlocking new abilities (see Step 4). Do not change the die faces you rolled when modifying your total.
● Extra Power Die (#10): Once you unlock your yellow Power die, you may roll it for the rest of the round.
- Power Die: Gain points equal to 1 of your dice.
- Power Die: Gain a reroll token.
- Power Die: Steal 3 points from another player.
- Power Die: Score 1 point for each of your locked cards.
- Power Die: Score 1 point for each of your unlocked cards.
- Power Die: Choose a player to lose half their points, rounded down.
- You may subtract 1 from your roll.
- You may add 1 to your roll.
- You may remove any 1 die from your roll.
- Gain an additional Power die.